For as long as I can remember, human emotional responses and thought processes have fascinated and sometimes confused me. What we think, feel and do dictates our every day; broadcasting live to the world around us; improvising as we grow and learn.
At times, though, I had a sense that maybe our life wasn’t so spontaneous; almost like we’re following a script; taking direction and adapting to others’ expectations. This intrigue into our inner functioning and dysfunction lead me onto an investigative path of self-discovery. At this point I wasn’t sure why or even if this perception was common outside of my own head, so I decided to ask for help. I needed to find a professional with whom I could trust and bond with; someone that I could share my experiences of despair and joy. Little did I know that forming that relationship would kick-start my journey into studying counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis and neuroscientific research.
My training has taught me that anger, fear, sadness and joy are part of life. Such authentic feelings are there for a reason, but when the balance is out of kilter, we may experience a range of difficulties which disturb the equilibrium of our thinking, feeling and behaviour as we fall back on our survival defences.
- Qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Dip TA Practice)
- Advanced Clinical Training in Transactional Analysis.
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- UKATA Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Certified CBT Practitioner.
- Certified Child Counsellor.
- Working towards my MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy.
I have specific experience working with abuse, addiction, anxiety, children, depression, disability, domestic abuse, eating disorders, grief, identity, mental health issues, P.T.S.D., relationships, sex, stress and young people.